Friday, July 12, 2013

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children




A teenage boy named Jacob begins a journey when his grandfather dies suddenly. Jacob's grandfather had always told Jacob, when he was little, stories about his childhood. Jacob's grandfather's childhood was fantasy-like though, full of levitating girls and boys who could hold boulders.  Jacob stopped believing his grandfather's stories until the afternoon his grandfather dies. Jacob and his dad go on an adventure to a barely populated island where his grandfather lived as a child during World War II.   In the large home where "peculiar" children once lived Jacob uncovers the truth of his grandfather's childhood through clues and a trip back to the past.


Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children , by Ransom Riggs
Age- Teens (for horror)
Awards-New York Times  #1 bestseller and many more
If you liked Divergent by Veronica Roth then you will like Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children 

2 comments:

  1. This is a very lovely book and I can not wait for the sequel to come out!!! Have you by chance ever read the Maximum ride Series? When I was in 6th grade I loved that series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for the sequel to come out either! No, I haven't read the Maximum Ride series, but my brother has been begging me to read them. I will look into reading them though.

      Delete