Wednesday, June 18, 2014

The Outsiders

I recently read The Outsiders by S.E Hinton, a wonderful book. At first I really wasn't into the book just by looking at the cover and the description on the back. I guess people are right when they say don't judge a book by it's cover because I would have missed out on a great book if I had not read it because of it's appearance.







The Outsiders is a great book for both girls and boys. The book is about two gangs in Tulsa, Oklahoma in the 50's or 60's. The two gangs are called the greasers and the socs, the greasers being the poor gang and the socs being the upper class. The story is told in the point of view of Ponyboy a greaser. The two gangs are always fighting and one day the fight goes too far.The Outsiders is an action packed book that I never wanted to put down plus the characters are described so well it seems as if you've known them forever that is why I find this book so great. I would highly recommend this book to 12 year olds and older.

No comments:

Post a Comment